1. Go to the registration
page of iMapBuilder online map editor. Click 'Try it free'
for testing purpose or 'sign up' button to sign up a plan
2. Enter your email and password for
existing user, or enter an email to register a new account. You will
then receive an email showing your email address and password to login.
3. Click 'Create New Interactive map' to create a
clickable World map.
4. Select clickable world map templates or import
your own custom map image in GIF, JPG or PNG formats.
5.Under map properties section, you can set the map title,
background color, size, tooltip colors, etc. You can also set the
colors, add a hyerlink or rename the regions under countries/states
6. Click 'Point and Label'at the top of the map. A pop
up box is now displayed, click 'add new point' or 'add new label'.
Then click on the map where you want to place the placemark.
7. The placemark is now added.
8. Click edit to edit the placemark. It is possible
to change the placemark icon, add a tooltips for additional information
or a hyperlink and redirect users to other page.
9. Click "Preview" in the menu bar to see
how it will look in the browser.
10. Save the map project by clicking 'save' button.
11. Select File->Publish to publish the map, copy
the embed code.
12. Run Yahoo! SiteBuilder, open an existing site
or create a new site. Click the page tab (e.g, index.html) that you
want to display the map.
13. Select Insert->Code Elements->HTML to open
the HTML editing panel of the site.
14. A HTML Code pop up window is now displayed, paste
the iMapBuilder embed code into the HTML code dialog by clicking inside
the empty field. Click 'OK' to continue.
14. Square-shaped resize handles will appear. Click on one of the
resize handles and, holding down the button of your mouse, drag the
image to the desired size. You can also drag the element to the desired
location, then release the mouse button.
14. Select File->Preview in Browser to preview the website with
interactive map embedded.
15. Publish your site online.